1. Damper closed
2. Grate sitting in ashtray
3. Incorrect clearance of flue cowl
4. Flue proximity to large tress, building etc.
• Fully Open damper
• Suspend grate on brackets
• Ensure sufficient clearances from cowl to adjacent objects
• Add an extra length of flue.
Paint discolouring or peeling from firebox
1. Extreme change in temperature and wear and tear
2. Burning wet or treated wood
• From time to time the paint may need a little attention, rust and accidental scratches, or faded spots from adverse conditions are easily repaired with sandpaper and a can of “Stove Bright” flat black, Hi Temp paint (available from your dealer).
• Ensure you only burn good dry untreated wood
Water entering firebox
1 Flues are installed upside-down
2 High wind area
• Correctly install flues
• Using a anti down draft cowl
Squeaking nose from rotating cowl
1. not enough grease applied to cowl
• Apply ample heat resistant grease